Saturday, June 21, 2008

published May 23/08: Little Shop(s) of Horrors

These two stories were happening at the same time, so it seemed like a good idea to connect them into one cartoon. I really like high school play productions. They put in a lot of hard work and have youthful energy. Saw two great ones this year... OSCVI's Little Shop of Horrors and West Hill's Seussical, the Musical. Both had great sets, great music and some outstanding acting performances. Last year I saw OSCVI's Fiddler on The Roof and that was great too. These productions are just as enjoyable as some professionally done plays and musicals ... and sometimes better. Last year I went to Stratford to see a play version of a favourite book of mine... To Kill a Mockingbird... and it really wasn't that good... merely O.K. and it was way more expensive. So I say, why not go to the high school plays if you're looking for some quality entertainment. ... On the other topic, The Downtown Petro Can was my favourite and most convenient gas bar and there was a really nice lady that worked many of the shifts. I miss that.
I guess Petro Can. is too busy making record profits to bother coming to little old Owen Sound to clean up their mess. Maybe if they raise the price of gas to $1.50 a litre the company will have enough to spare to drop by. Hey, they seem to be into price fixing.... why not do a little bit of abandoned gas bar fixing... I think I just thought of a couple more cartoon ideas.

No comments: