Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Published Cartoons: Sept.21, '07 ...Owen Sound Attack Home Opener


I thought I'd just try to draw attention to the local Major Jr. A hockey team's home opener. I'm originally from Peterborough, and I grew up watching the Petes every Thursday Winter Night. So they are still my sentimental favourite. The Attack is my 2nd favourite team since I've spent the 2nd most amount of my life in this area. Other stops along the way were Guelph (ironically the original home of the Attack, who used to be the Guelph Platers), and Sault Ste. Marie (The Greyhounds) where I lived in two small community's to the east of the Soo... Desbarats and Bruce Mines. If you've ever travelled via highway out to the west you've passed thru these places... there's no other way. There was also a one year stay in Toronto... and that was more than enough.
So anyway, I wish the Attack well, but when the Peterboro Petes come to town I'm afraid to admit it, but I'm rooting for them. Please don't hate me for this.... It's only a game!

No comments: